Every human being
has a right to live life
to his or her fullest potential.
Desperation and fear
are Mankind's oldest enemies.
A society may fairly be judged
by the extent to which it spares
its most vulnerable citizens
from having to endure them.
Self-sufficiency is less satisfying
to the soul than caring
for one another.
As Mankind truly is one family,
what benefits any one of us
enhances the lives of us all.
Those of us with greater needs
enable their loved ones
by enabling them to feel needed.
Make it possible for people
(both the less and more fortunate)
to achieve peace of mind.
To love another
means you can't feel things
are okay until you know
they feel that way.
Your peace of mind
depends on knowing you've helped
bring peace of mind to the other.
Live and help live
Provide a person
with the means to live
a fuller life and you give more
meaning to yours.
Help those with special needs
attain greater independence
If only the strong were to survive,
wouldn't all of our lives
be greatly diminished?
Prepare. Protect. Provide.
The families who count on us
expect nothing less.
Helping Family Law Attorneys
Advocate for Their Clients
with Family Members with Special Needs
Families who are facing a divorce situation have many stresses on their lives. Add to that mix the need to care for a special needs family member, and the stress levels go up, which causes confusion and the feeling of being alone.
As a family law attorney, you often hear these stories. So do we. We work with these families every day. Let us help your families feel less alone. Connect with the expertise of Protected Tomorrows to get valuable information for individuals and their families with special needs.
Protected Tomorrows can help your clients:
- Develop a Future Care Plan for the child with the disability, including the calculation of the funding needed into the future.
- Identify therapists who work in this area of expertise to provide the much needed support for the divorcing couple.
- Coordinate the development of a special needs trust and the funding of same, to ensure the child remains eligible for government benefits into the future.
- Understand the need for child support paid after the age of 18 to be paid into a payback special needs trust.
- Identify other resources that might be available, to keep life as uncomplicated as possible.
Protected Tomorrows, Inc. is a national advocacy firm that helps families plan a safe and fulfilling life for their loved one through a comprehensive life planning process. We create Future Care Plans™, addressing the needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, mental illness, physical disabilities, or cognitive and neurological diseases in the following areas: health care, residential, education, government benefits, financial, vocational, legal and recreational. The Future Care Plan is a comprehensive way to approach and address the fears, hopes and dreams of families with an individual with special needs.
Since 2003, Protected Tomorrows has inspired real change in the special needs community through articles, presentations and workshops on life planning focusing on family communication, special needs trusts and government benefits. Protected Tomorrows also has served as a resource with its connections to legal, financial, medical and social service professionals, parents, siblings, providers and other advocates working together to find innovative solutions for families.
Protected Tomorrows can help you communicate with your clients and potential new clients through education of the public in the following ways:
- Newsletter Content – Protected Tomorrows provides articles with relevant information for divorcing couples with children with special needs.
- Presentations – Protected Tomorrows Advocates present informative and engaging one- or two-hour seminars addressing issues important to families such as Potential Funding Sources, Legal Options, Choosing Future Care People, Family Communication, Wills and Special Needs Trusts. Other topics include Sibling Support, Residential Focus Groups, Employment Issues, and many other topics.
- All-Day Family Workshops – Protected Tomorrows Advocates guide families through its planning process to begin the development of a Future Care Plan. After this interactive and entertaining session, individuals and their families will understand what they need to do to plan for a safe and fulfilling future for their loved one with special needs.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call us at: 1-847-522-8086